If you’re a blogger, constantly coming up with new and fresh topics is a pain point you probably know..
Keeping your blog always relevant means that you must always come up with brand new content ideas for your blog. I know this can be an exhausting task and sometimes even a little bit annoying, but I’m here to help you with that. I have prepared an outstanding list of new potential topics by niche just for you. Hopefully these help if you get stuck brainstorming yourself!
(Below the list are different methods I use to find new topics! Feel free to skip down below if you’re looking for the methodology.)
First Blog Post Ideas
If you’re new to content writing or just looking to start a content website, the first piece you create might be a little different than what you create for your 100th post. Some great ideas for your fist post might be to introduce your website topic or to introduce yourself and your purpose for starting your websites.
New Year Post Ideas
A quick note on posts specifically fore New Years; a new year serves to both help people reflect on the past year and to build anticipation for the year just beginning. A great new year post covers both of these two big themes while also tying back to your specific website topic.
Blog Content Ideas: List of Fresh Topics by Niche
Here are a few topic ideas and ideas for blog posts that would be great for long-form content, quick posts, or creating an infographic around.
- What are the most effective ways to promote blogs?
- How do I start a blog in [insert the current year]. Ie… ‘How do I start a blog in 2019’
- What are the best blogging platforms available
- How do I boost traffic and gain more presence for a new blog?
- How to choose a good domain name?
Startup Founders and Entrepreneurs
- What is the best advice for a young, first-time startup CEO?
- What’s the difference between startup founders and entrepreneurs?
- Is it hard to be a CEO? What do they do?
- The best productivity hacks for startup CEOs?
- What separates that top 10% of startup CEOs from the rest?
This niche is especially good for new year blog post ideas
- How does exercise contribute to your overall well-being?
- What are some homemade solutions to remain healthy and fit?
- How strongly do genetics affect health?
- Advice on top ways to get reliable health information
- What’s the best way to cure gallstones?
- What are some spooky historical photos?
- What is the most humiliating historical event ever?
- Mind-blowing historical fact
- The greatest last stand ever in history
- What are some amazing historical photos?
- How do I learn about professional photography?
- What are the best cameras for beginners?
- How do you choose a lens?
- What DSLR brand should I go for?
- What are the basic accessories for beginner photographers?
You can read more about to starting a photography website here.
- How can I learn web design?
- What are the most important principles of web design?
- How much does it cost to hire a professional web designer?
- How can one secure their VPS against attacks like DDoS, Bruteforce, etc.?
- What is responsive design?
- What is the thing that every journalist must know?
- How do you write a strong lede for an article?
- What are the questions a journalist should ask while interviewing?
- What power does saying “off the record” to a journalist really have?
- The most effective ways to engage the news audience
- What should everyone know about investing?
- How should a young person invest money?
- What are the best investment blogs/websites?
- Should I invest in gold (GLD) right now?
- Why is it important to invest in stocks?
- What is the recipe to prepare Indian Cuisine Shahi Paneer(Cottage Cheese)?
- What is the cheapest food that’s also easiest to cook?
- What’s a really good pizza recipe?
- What’s the best breakfast in the morning?
- How do I cook steak best?
Social Media Marketing
- What is social media marketing?
- How do brands use Instagram to connect with your audience?
- Why is social media marketing important?
- Why is social media effective for building a brand?
- How do I attract people to my social media accounts?
- What is it like to quit your job and travel the world?
- The most surreal places to visit?
- Best ways to earn money while traveling around the world?
- What are the most beautiful places in the world?
- What are the must-see places to travel to before you die?
- What are the major areas of philosophy?
- What is the difference between analytical philosophy and continental philosophy?
- Why is logic a branch of philosophy?
- What are the philosophical premises of modernism?
- Why do people use logic to prove God’s existence?
- What is the importance of rational messaging in marketing communication?
- How can I effectively market my start-up for investors?
- What are some top market areas for a service that allows companies to share their public data with other companies?
- The number 1 marketing effort a very new B2B SaaS has to focus on?
- What are the worst marketing flops of all time?
- The major controversies in economics
- What are the major schools of competing for mainstream economic thought and what differentiates them?
- What are the reasons why economics is classified as a social science?
- Good resources for learning about microeconomics
- What is economic development?
- What are the best courses available for creative writing?
- Is it essential to attend a creative writing course?
- How do I get into a writing routine every day?
- Can you make any money by publishing independently?
- What is creative writing?
The English Language
- What are the origins of English?
- How can I learn proper pronunciation?
- Which authority regulates the English language?
- What are some must know rules on how and when to use the comma?
- How do I talk like a native English speaker?
- Which are the best engineering fields?
- What is some good general career advice?
- What’s the top most valuable lesson you’ve learned in your career ever?
- Top advice you’d give to someone who wants to do what you do and why?
- What are a few unique pieces of career advice that nobody ever mentions?
- What should we do to be good parents?
- The most important things I can teach my child, including both skills and behaviors?
- What common mistakes do parents make?
- What’s the most difficult aspect of about being a parent?
- How can I raise my children to be problem solvers?
- How do top students study?
- Smart tips for self-studying?
- The best study hacks for college?
- How many hours of study are healthy for a top student?
- What’s the best way to study for an exam?
Fashion Blog Ideas and Style Ideas for Men
- Top fashion tips for guys?
- ‘Must have’ items in a wardrobe?
- What should I know before buying a suit?
- How do you tie a tie simply?
- What are some examples of classic men’s fashion pieces?
Methodology for This Specific List
As you can see, this is a pretty big list. It took me some time to gather all of this info for you but it was well worth it I hope. These ideas come straight from Quora.com, one of the hottest online forums at the moment. What I did was I went to each topic page and checked out the FAQ (frequently asked questions) section to see what popular questions people were asking on that specific topic which led me to come up with this list. new year blog post ideas
Interesting Blog Topics
Content on any topic should be created with a goal in mind. This could be to entertain, inform, spur to action, or persuade. Interesting blog topics take one or two of these goals and do them well without trying to do too much.
Taking time to make sure your blog topics are interesting is the key to creating great content. Valuable content then in turn gains followers, earns backlinks, gets social shares.
Interesting topics should provoke new thought in the reader as if the idea was totally fresh to them. Topics should hook the reader and make them want to dive deep into your article to find the main point, argument, or gotcha.
Blog Content Ideas: How I Research New Topics Different Ways
I know that it can be quite annoying to find yourself going completely dry when it comes to inspiration. There are dozens of ways you can come up with great content ideas for your blog. We’ll have a look at some of them and how you can make them work for you.
1. Check out the most recent Youtube content
Youtube is a great source of inspiration. There’s always something new being uploaded daily. Hang out on the site. Watch videos from the channels that you’re interested in and let the site play the “suggested” content after.
This is a great brainstorming process. It will most definitely free you from writer’s block.
Here’s how you do it :
- Google “best Youtube channels about X” where X is the topic of your blog.
- Find the top 3 channels in your niche or topic.
- Go to each channel, select videos and then sort by most popular.
Step 4: Create a similar blog post to one of the popular videos.
2. See what’s popular on Reddit
Reddit is one the most popular websites out there. It’s basically a forum, divided into sub-forums for each topic. Each sub-forum is called a subreddit.
Now that we got that out of the way, here’s how you can generate content ideas from Reddit :
- Google “best subreddits about X” where X is the topic of your blog.
- Select the top 3 subreddits for your topic (they’re the ones with the most engagement and the biggest audience)
- Go to each subreddit, and click on “top” in the top menu to get the most popular posts in this subreddit.
- You can use them as an inspiration to get tons of new year blog post ideas.
- Create a blog post similar to one of the popular posts on Reddit.
3. See what people are asking on Quora
Here’s exactly how you can do that :
- Go to Quora.com and type in your topic in the search bar.
- Read through the questions to see what people are asking.
- Once you notice a trend in the questions, make a blog post that covers that trend. For example, you might notice that in the blogging niche, a lot of people are asking about how they can get more traffic, so that’s a trending question that you could write an entire blog post on.
- Be sure to check out the topic faq section. It contains the most frequently asked questions on each topic, and it’s a great place to find content ideas for your next post.
4. Use Facebook groups
Depending on your niche, Facebook groups are a great way to generate content ideas that your audience will like to read. As with Quora or Reddit, these groups represent a community of people that are interested in a certain topic so when you’re interacting with them, you’ll notice some common trends.
You’ll start to see that there are some questions that will always come up, and that’s where you’ll know that it’s an interesting topic you should write about.
Here’s the step-by-step process for using Facebook groups:
- Go to the Facebook search bar and type in the keyword for your blogging niche. For example, if you have a blog about graphic design, type in that keyword.
- Select the top 3 most popular groups. Those with the largest number of people will typically be the best, but it’s not always the case so feel free to experiment and see for yourself. Even if a group has thousands of people there, if there is no interaction with the posts it means that it’s not a good one to choose.
- After you’ve found three or so good groups with a decent amount of interaction, scroll through the posts. You’ll most likely notice that there are a few trending questions people want to solve. That’s what you should write about.
5. Use Google Keyword Planner
Google Keywords Planner lets you see the search volume for a specific keyword and also give you more ideas about what people are searching for. For example, if you go to this tool and you type in “graphic design,” it will give me several related keywords people are searching for like “web design” or “freelance designer.”
Here’s how you can use Google Keyword Planner to generate more content ideas straight from the search engine:
- Go here. Click “Start using keyword planner.”
- Now you’ll get another screen telling to signup for Google Adwords. Just click on “skip the guided setup.” If you want more detail about signing up and using this tool check out this tutorial.
- Now that you’ve found the tool click on “find keyword ideas.”
- Enter your main keyword (try your niche for example “graphic design”). The tool will then display a number of relevant keywords people are searching for on Google. You can also rank them by search volume, so you’ll get the most popular searches first. Focus on them and integrate them in your work.
Now you have plenty of ideas to choose from. You could use them as inspiration to write your new year blog posts.
So What’s the Best Way of All These Research Methods?
I would say either Reddit or Quora. I can’t really say one or the other because they’re both a really great way to generate awesome content ideas. The great thing about them is that you can get your ideas straight from the community, so you know that it’s actually what people want to read.
I hope you got some inspiration and immense value out of this post. You might also want to read this post: